Thursday, March 11, 2010

Getting Back Up to Speed

So my health has been spotty the last 2 weeks but I think I'm finally back to normal and now can resume hitting wods hard. 1st I got sick and had the chills, runny nose, and a general lack of energy a few weeks back. Then I hurt my groin (still don't know how) and squatting was a no go for about 3-4 days. Then pneumonia hit me and I was out of it for 2 more days.

Through it all I survived and have now worked out for 2 days in a row and feel like I'm ok. I can feel that my capacity isn't what it used to be so I'll have to suffer more than usual for a few wods while it returns and we still have a good 50 days til competition so it was a good time, if there is such a thing, to have some health issues.

I didn't take it for granted before but now that these issues are fully behind me hopefully, I will value being a healthy 100% more than ever as it's one thing that makes life & crossfit easier to be better at and I'll hit each wod like it's my last because it could be.

1 comment:

  1. i really feel you. our bodies and minds can be so tough; we can push ourselves so far too. but in the end, we are just as vulnerable as the next person. i suppose that's what makes training so interesting - it's a new adventure every day :)

    glad you're feeling better and ASSASSINATING it in true alex form!

    ReplyDelete