Monday, January 18, 2010

I Have A Dream

Today a lot of us are off of work in honor of the great Dr Martin Luther King Jr, civil rights leader, outstanding orator, & all around seminal figure not only for African Americans but for all people worldwide. So today I say thank you to Dr King for fighting to give me all of the opportunities to succeed that I have in 2010, fighting so that I could grow up knowing I would be able to make something of myself, and planting the seed in my head that I can dream to do whatever it is I set my mind to and make it happen.
More than just words, I think the best way to truly honor & thank Dr King is to achieve all of the dreams & goals I have for myself thru actions. So in my daily life I have to make sure each day is progress toward a goal, each task is not small & meaningless but a grain of sand in the beach of my life. Put things in perspective and be able to take a look at yourself thru an objective lens. Are you staying on course with your goals or falling off the track? If you are get back on it! It's never too late. Also want to give a shout out to Jackie Robinson another hero of mine who I really think is deserving of his own national holiday for what he had to put up with as well. Perhaps a post for another day though. Thank you Jackie.


Yesterday finished off the week with a 2 a day which included 2 personal records

Find 1 rep max Clean & Jerk

255# (PR)

Not a strength of mine but I got a +10# pr so I will never complain when a pr occurs. Keep workin hard and more will come.

1k row sprint

Time - 3:09.6 (PR)

Goal coming into it was sub 3:10 as I had done this at 3:13 several weeks ago and we just got it. Amazing how after rowing your guts out you just make it by .4 of a second. Truly can't quit at any point on a sprint like this. Hey maybe soon enough we'll be talkin sub 3 mins for this. Sounds easy but :09 is a LONG time in this wod.
Rest day today and my coach Michael Fitzgerald out at OPT in Calgary has already sent me the wods for the week so I'm mentally & physically gonna take it easy and be ready for work tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment