Friday, February 5, 2010

A Fan of The Game

Ok I admit it I've been seeing some of the competitor profiles on the 2010 Crossfit Games Site and it's firing me up. The athletes they've profiled all look legit and you can definitely see that the game is getting more competitive on the top end. Athletes who competed last year are back with a vengeance and are twice the athletes they were last year. As an avid crossfitter, competitor, athlete, & sports enthusiast in general I can't help but be excited to watch the men & women hit the wods HARD next weekend. Sure I'll be a part of that and working to put up a good time or weight in the wods as well but I'm just as excited to watch the other athletes of all levels compete and take themselves to the limit.

This is the part that makes our sport different than most. I said it last year when I went to Regionals out in Denver and I'll say it again - literally my favorite part of the competition was when the entire crowd gets behind someone who's finishing the wod - and it might be an elite crossfitter putting up an impossible time to beat or the last athlete to finish fighting for their life to come in under the time cap. We all count the reps out loud seemingly lifting the barbell with the athlete, knowing exactly what the pain feels like and the energy is inimitable, impossible to explain to the layman or casual onlooker.

Those moments are what I'm anticipating the most. I'm ready to be a spectator and fan of the games to go on. Get your popcorn ready....

REST DAY - back at it tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. I just got so super excited reading that! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO JEALOUS! Wish I was gonna be there! Go kick some serious as and let the CF world know who Spitfiyah is!

    ReplyDelete