Monday, February 8, 2010

Good "Luck"

Well tomorrow is the day we find out our wods for Sectionals Saturday. Are you nervous? Anxious? Terrified? Ready? Happy? Excited? If you've been working hard the past 6-8 weeks and addressing your weaknesses and things that needed work as well as refining your strengths then no matter what comes up tomorrow you're ready or as ready as you're going to be for this weekend. Sure a wod with pullups, double unders, hspu's, box jumps, front squats, heavy jerks, or whatever movement(s)gives you nightmares at night, may come up and if it does chances are the next wod will have movements that you are confident in.
1 wod will not knock you out of this competition in my opinion. If you have a wod with weaknesses in it you have to take that as an opportunity and believe in yourself and just get through it. It's often said that luck is when preparation meets opportunity so we've all prepared very well for most anything they can throw at us so it's up to us to make our luck when we get the opportunity to show off what we've worked for.
If all the wods have movements I'm not that great in I'm still going to hit them as hard as I can and get the results I deserve, so to be honest I'm not worried about what the wods will be because I know I'm going to crush them all....don't you???

6 comments:

  1. I pick: nervous, anxious, ready, happy, and excited (all of the above except terrified).

    ReplyDelete
  2. "luck is when preparation meets opportunity" ... i love this post. inspiring, but realistic. i'm going to read it over and over the night before summit push.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pumped!... and a few of the other emotions you described... but MOSTLY... PUMPED! :) Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not competing, but I'm nervous for you guys! Haha. I'll take all the nervous energy, you competitors take all the happy, excited, and pumped positive energy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ready to give it all I've got! So glad to be going!

    ReplyDelete